Information Automatically Collected and Stored
- The Internet domain from which you have accessed the Internet. For example, if you connect to the Internet through America Online, the domain is aol.com.
- The Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer that was used to access the Internet. An IP address is a number that is assigned to a user’s computer when he/she logs onto the Internet. When a Web page is requested, the user’s IP address is included in the message, and the recipient of the request can respond to it by sending another message using that IP address.
- The name and version of your computer’s operating system and Internet browser. For example, Windows 2000 (operating system) and Internet Explorer 6.0 or Netscape Navigator 7.1 (Internet browsers).
- If you arrive to the Website from another website, the Internet address of the “referring” website.
- The date, time, and duration of your visit to the Website, and the pages visited.
What is a Cookie?
When a user visits a website, the website’s server generates a piece of information known as a “cookie” and places it on the user’s computer. Some cookies remain on a user’s computer after the user has ended his/her website visit. These types of cookies are called “persistent cookies”. Persistent cookies collect personal information about a user and allow the user’s computer to be recognized in the future. Non-persistent cookies, or “session cookies,” are erased by a user’s computer after a period of inactivity or when the user closes his/her Internet browser. Session cookies do not collect any personal information about a user. They serve technical purposes, such as allowing seamless navigation through a website. Session cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session.
Additional Information Collected and Stored
We will not collect your personally identifiable information (e.g., name, contact information, etc.) through the Website without your consent. By providing us your personally identifiable information, you are consenting to our collection and storage of such information.
The Institute’s Use of Information Collected and Stored
We may use the information provided by you through registration, log-in, donation and email features to enhance the value of the Website and our services and communicate with affiliates and you as follows:
- Respond to inquiries submitted by you;
- Make the Institute’s services available and provide services to you, if you are a registered user;
- Contact you about information, notifications and news;
- Keep records of donations, which may include communications with the Institute’s third party vendor; and
- Further the mission and purpose of the Institute.
The Institute does not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about visitors to the Website, including the identity of anyone who submits inquiries to the Institute through the Website, unless required to do so by law or except in the process of receiving a donation made through the Website.
Links to Other Websites from the Website
If you provide us with your contact information and later desire to not be contacted by us, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to be removed from our mailing lists and we will promptly remove you from our mailing lists. Please note that if a communication is already prepared for distribution to the Institute’s mailing list at the time of your request, we may be unable to remove your contact information from that particular communication.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.